Delicious Protein Bowl
Spicy Tofu Sausage Bowl: Get your protein bowl on!
This may sound unusual but it’s absolutely delicious together. Find a low fat organic sausage you like to toss into this dish. I choose the Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sausages from Whole Foods for this Scramble. It’s spicy and full of flavor which pairs perfectly with the neutral tasting tofu. Cut the tofu into very small cubes so that it can absorb the sausage flavor. This bowl is essentially all protein, chicken sausage, tofu, and eggs. It’s perfect! The sprouts on time add a little fiber to your meal and vitamins. I used Wochong tofu is this recipe but you can also find any labels you like just as long as you make sure it’s not tofu using genetically modified soybeans. Look for Non-GMO. Wo Chong is one of the oldest family run tofu producers in the Bay and I love supporting family run businesses as I run one myself:)
Spicy Tofu Sausage Bowl
Serves: 1 Prep + Cook Time: 15 minutes
Medium firm tofu ( Use 1/2 the package)
1 sausage link
1 handful of Organic alfalfa sprouts (also from Wo Chong, they grow their own)
2 tsp braggs soy sauce
1 tsp ketchup
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper for extra seasoning if you need it
1. Prepare your tofu and sausage but cutting the tofu into small diced cubes. Split the sausage in half lengthwise, then slice horizontally into thin slices
2. Heat a non stick pan with avocado oil to high and add your sausage
3. Sautee for 30 seconds and add the tofu
4. Cook on high heat for 2 minute and then add all your seasoning
5. Move the tofu sausage to the side of the pan and add a touch of oil and pour in your whisked egg and scramble
6. Once the egg cooks mix the eggs with the tofu and sausage.
7.This is optional but you can finish the dish off by adding some siracha at the end
8. Plate with alfalfa sprouts and enjoy!