Holiday Spiced Rice Crispy Treats
Tis the season to be festive and there’s nothing better than the smell of pumpkin spice, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla...but not all of us have the time and luxury to Martha Stewart it up at home. Perhaps you work late like I do or have kids to take care of on top of that. The holidays can be hectic and aside from that big family dinner and some holiday parties, you may not be so inclined to whip out those baking pans and tools and turn up that oven because after a long day, you just want to kick up your feet and enjoy. May I then introduce you to the easy childhood classic of making rice crispy treats with a twist:)
Rice crispy treats is one of the easiest type of desserts to make. It requires less than 15 minutes of your time and you can a whole batch all at once without using an oven or break out any special equipment. All you need is a microwave, a pan, and a bowl! To give it that holiday twist, I added crushed ginger thin crisps and cinnamon. This is an ode to those delicious gingerbread cookies we are so found of during the holidays...Kick up your feet and enjoy these babies over a week without breaking a sweat.
"Gingerbread Cookies" RICE CRISPY TREAT
1 box of ginger thin cookies (or ginger snap cookies)
3 tablespoon butter
1 box of brown rice crispy cereal or regular rice crispy
1 bag of marshmallows
1. Crumble and crush your ginger thin cookies in a plastic ziplock bag. Heat you butter in a large glass bowl
3. Then add your marshmallows into the bowl with the melted butter and
microwave for 2-3 minutes or until it bubbles and is melted
4. Toss your rice crispy, ginger thin cookies, and pecans in
5. Using a rubber spatula, turn and fold until full incorporated
6. Layer greased wax paper into a baking pan and pour the mixture into the pan
and push down to create a nice rectangular brick of crispy treats.
7. Place in fridge for 5-6 minutes and remove.
8. Using the side of the wax paper, and pull the treat out. Press and mold into a
nice rectangular log.
9. Now Sprinkle some crumbled ginger thins
10. Slice into 1.5 inch pieces and enjoy!!!