Keto Friendly Cauliflower Pancakes with Chicken Sausage and Spicy Ragu
I am absolutely in love with this dish. This dish reminds me of this rich Italian Inspired breakfast dish I would eat at this little spot called Rose’s Cafe. It serves a poached egg over creamy polenta with an Italian sausage and spicy tomato sauce. It’s so satisfying and flavorful. Now polenta isn’t exactly the healthiest thing to be eating in the morning before you start your day at work. I wanted to keep the ragu and the sausage but decided to make a really soft fluffy pancake out of cauliflower and eggs. Alternatively, you could also blend up the cauliflower and whip that with some non fat milk and add some parmesan to it to recreate that “polenta” feel to it. But this morning, I decided I want something a little more substantial. The end result was perfect! And the best part of this dish is that it tastes rich and satisfying but is in fact super waist friendly. It isn't high in carbs like polenta and starch like polenta and didn't use any cream or butter to make the pancakes which you would normally find in a creamy polenta. You can feel good about eating this day after day and feel like you haven't deprived yourself from anything.
I also highly suggest finding nitrate free organic sausages made from chicken or turkey but you can pick you favorite kind. I used a Buffalo style chicken sausage from Whole Food’s. It’s low fat but packs a lot of flavor and rather light with less grease.
Keto Friendly Cauliflower Pancake with Chicken Sausage and Spicy Ragu
Serves : 1 Time: 20 Minutes
2 cups blanched cauliflower
2 whole eggs
1/4 cup minced parsley
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp fresh minced garlic
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp avocado oil
2 tablespoon almond meal
1 chicken sausage
1/4 cup of your favorite tomato or pasta sauce
1 tsp chili flakes
extra parsley for garnish
avocado oil for cooking and drizzling
1. Using your blender, blend everything except your sausage, tomato sauce and chili flakes and parsley
2. It should come out like a really thick soup
3. Now heat up a small non stick pan with avocado to high heat
4. Add your chopped parsley to the batter and stir.
5. In a separate pan, heat your sausage and sear on all sides.
6. While this going on use a small pot and heat up your tomato sauce. If you want to cut down pots and pans, you can simply microwave the tomato sauce and add the chili flake to the sauce to spice it up
7. Now pour the cauliflower batter into the pan and panfry until golden brown on both sides. Since the pancake is really soft and light, you will need to slide the pancake onto a plate in order to flip it.
8. Slide it on the plate and place the pan over the plate and flip around to the other side so that you can panfry the other side.
9. Once it’s done, you can plate the pancake and top with the sausage, ragu, parsley and the drizzle of oil.