5 Minute Japanese Inspired Breakfast for The Health Conscious
I have a huge confession to make...I tend to get obsessive over dishes that I create and find delicious. I could be so obsessed with one dish, that I'll eat it every single day until I finally need a change of flavors. This right here is my recent discovery during a quick morning "toss what I have in a pan type of breakfast" and then voila, a lightbulb hit. I discovered that simmering enoki mushrooms with tomato, ginger, and ponzu creates a super delicious and flavorful broth within minutes. Combine those flavors with the richness of a runny yolk and the umami flecked flavors from the furikake and you got yourself a BOMB breakfast that is not only healthy but SO EASY TO MAKE! Find out for yourself by making it this week!!!! Trust me...you will LOVE it.
Tomato Enoki Broth with Ponzu and Runny Yolks
2 organic eggs
1 whole organic tomato
half a pack of enoki mushrooms
1 slice of ginger, sliced into thin slices
2 tablespoon ponzu - you may want to add more depending, totally up to you
salt and pepper to season
furikake for garnish
chili oil optional for those who like spicy
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon Avocado oil
1. Heat a small pan with avocado oil to high heat and add your ginger to brown for 30 seconds
2. Now add your mushrooms and tomatoes and let it cook on high heat for 2 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper.
3. Move aside the mushrooms and tomatoes and create a space in the middle for you to crack the eggs in. Let the yolks cook in the middle and start scrambling the egg whites into the mushrooms and tomatoes surrounding the yolk. Be careful not to break the yolk.
4. Drizzle your ponzu over it. And use a chopstick or tongs to gently stir the sauce into the egg white, mushroom tomato mixture.
5. Let it boil a little and then turn heat off. Plate in a shallow bowl with the yolks on top
6. Garnish with furikake, drizzle sesame oil, chili oil and lastly you can season with a little more ponzu if you like.
7. Enjoy with a spoon and fork!!!!!