Grilled Brussel Sprout Truffle Tremor Cheese Sandwich
Brussel Sprouts was once known as a commonly hated vegetable on the dinner table. The bad rap was due mostly to the fact that it was prepared in the worst possible manner: boiled until soft and mushy. Nowadays, chefs are roasting and frying these babies up with all sorts of goodies. The nuttiness of this vegetable is now brought up to the forefront and all of sudden everyone LOVES Brussel Sprouts. #Teambrusselsprouts right? Yup, I joined that team and guess what? I got an awesome way to prepare it that I'd guess, you've never even seen at a restaurant or bar before. I'm putting these roasted babies in a grilled cheese sandwich loaded with uamami busting Truffle Tremor. UHHHHH yes please!! And seconds if necessary. Now go make it:)
Recipe: Grilled Brussel Sprout Truffel Tremor Cheese Sandwich
Serves: 1 Prep Time: 20 MInutes Cook Time: 5 Minutes
2 slices of high protein sprouted bread
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tsp whole grain mustard
1/2 cup truffle tremor cheese (a ripened goat cheese packed with hints of Italian Summer truffle)
1 cup roasted brussel sprouts (I usually roast them the night before and use leftover brussel sprouts)
optional: pinch of red chili flakes
1. If you don’t have leftover roasted brussel sprouts (you can roast them at 375F with olive oil and sea salt for 45 mins or until charred)
2. Remove the brussel sprouts and slice them into thinner slices
3. Heat a non stick pan with the olive oil
4. Place the bread into the pan and rub to coat each side of the bread
5. Remove the bread and place on a cutting board. Spread the mustard on one side of the bread only.
6. Then layer the cheese over the mustard and then layer with brussel sprouts
7. Take this layered slice of bread and place on the pan and let it cook on high heat while you spread the cheese onto the other slice of the bread
8. Place this slice of bread over the one with the brussel sprouts thats already in the pan.
9. Press down and flip over and pan sear the other side until golden brown.
REMOVE and ENJOY!!!!!! Sprinkle some chili flakes on top if you like it a little spicy and scoop the leftover brussel sprouts that fall out of the sandwich and sprinkle that on top. Don’t want to lose any of that yummy deliciousness.