Pumpkin Spiced Waffle Sausage Egg Sandwich
Happy Saturday Friends!!!
This morning I woke up with this craving for something sweet and savory. The weather is gloomy and slightly rainy which automatically makes me think comfort food. Soooo...I started scrolling through the Brunch Boy's Instagram feed and fell in love an image of pancakes sandwiched with a burger patty, eggs and bacon. So I decided to make my own version. My version is made with Gluten Free Pumpkin Spiced Waffles w/ Quinoa, Flax and Amaranth. Instead of a beef patty, I decided to make Breakfast Sausage Patties the size of burger patties and layered Spicy Pepper Jack Cheese on top rather than Cheddar. I kept the fried runny egg because who doesn't like a runny egg in a sandwich?! I topped my with a slice of warm butter and drizzled some Maple Syrup on top and Crystal Hot Sauce!!! And it come out sooooooo GOOD! Please go make this at home. You will thank me for my recipe. And if you need more brunch inspiration, go check out Brunch Boy's Website:)
So without further due...here is my recipe for this BOMB-ASS Breakfast Waffle Sausage Sandwich
Pumpkin Spice Waffle Sausage Egg Sandwich
Serves: 3 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes
1 Box of Nature's Path Organic Gluten Free Pumpkin Spiced Waffle (6 pcs)
1 Pack of Jimmy Dean's Breakfast Sausage (Bulk Package, not the links) - makes 3 large patties
3 whole eggs
Sugar Free Maple Syrup or your Favorite Maple Syrup
3 slices of grassfed butter
6 slices of thin Spicy Pepper Jack or Cheddar
Avocado oil for frying the eggs and the sausages
1. Toast all your waffles in the oven or toaster for 2 minutes and then let it sit in there with the heat off to stay warm and toasty
2. Heat 2 pans, one for the sausages and another for the eggs
3. Fry your eggs and set aside. I like mine runny but you can cook it to whatever liking you like
4. Slice the Sausage pack into 6 slices. Combine two slices by rolling it in to a ball and then flattening it into one larger patty
5. Cook the sausage until slightly brown on both sides and add the sliced cheese on top. Cover with lid.
6. Assemble your sandwich!
7. Waffle, sausage patty with cheese, fried egg, waffle and garnish with warm butter and drizzle maple syrup.
Optional: Crystal Hot Sauce!! SOOOO good if you like a spicy kick